At Union Lake Pet Services, we know doggy daycare. With both individualized attention and supervised group play, we make sure your dogs have a fun and stimulating place to stay when you can’t be with them. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions (and the answers) about our doggy daycare services:
Why Choose ULPS for My Doggy Daycare Needs?
We understand that you have many options when it comes to choosing a daycare for your pup, and we are proud to offer great features that help us stand out from the competition. The benefits of our daycare services include:
- We are a locally owned and operated company
- We have 3 large turf play areas equalling over an acre of play area, which is cleaner for pets (and keeps their joints healthier, too)
- We sanitize everything at least twice daily
- We are affiliated with and located in the same complex as Union Lake Veterinary Hospital in the unlikely event your dog needs medical attention while in our care
- Our playgroups are divided by size and age and have twelve dogs maximum for optimum safety
- You can drop off and pick up your dog any time during our daycare hours without the need to worry about reservations or cancellations
- We accept all breeds (and even see dogs with special needs)
- We provide everything your dog needs
- We also provide training, boarding, and grooming services in the same location
What Are Your Doggy Daycare Requirements?
We ask that every client fill out our Daycare Registration Form. Once we’ve reviewed the information and confirmed your dog’s vaccination records, we will schedule a Prerequisite 1st Day or 3-Day Starter pack. One of our expert trainers will spend time with your pup to get them more comfortable with our location and staff.
What Vaccines Will My Dog Need?
For everyone’s safety, we require dogs in our daycare to have:
- Rabies (after 4 months of age)
- Distemper Combo Vaccine (puppies must have at least started)
- Annual Negative Heartworm Test
- Annual Canine Cough (Bordetella) Vaccine
- Negative Intestinal Parasite Screening (twice annually)
- Canine Influenza Vaccination is strongly recommended
How Old Does My Puppy Have to Be To Attend?
We prefer puppies are at least 8 weeks old before starting daycare. If your puppy is just 8 weeks old, we prefer waiting a few weeks or having veterinary approval before starting.
Can Any Dog Attend Doggy Daycare?
At Union Lake Pet Services, we accept every dog breed in our doggy daycare. However, some dogs do not enjoy group play or do not know how to interact appropriately in group play. In this case, we can offer other daytime enrichment activities such as play dates where they receive individualized attention from a team member but do not engage in group play. While it is helpful if dogs know behavior commands before coming to daycare, we do not require this. We do require a daycare introduction to evaluate your dog’s level of comfort in group play settings. These are set up by appointment. Once your dog successfully completes the intro program, you do not need an appointment for daycare.
Can I Tour the Daycare Facilities
We always welcome curious dog owners to tour our facilities. We want you to be completely comfortable with our care. You can come any day at any time and check out our daycare. You don’t even have to call ahead! Our doggie daycare is open Monday through Friday 6am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 8am to 6pm.
Doggy Daycare Cost
We offer doggy daycare by half day and full day, as well as money-saving packages for frequent guests. Check our Daycare FAQs for current daycare pricing.
We answer many more doggy daycare-related FAQs on our website. Check them out and contact us if we missed answering your question. Ready to enroll your dog in daycare at Union Lake Pet Services? Call 248-363-6262 to get started!