Doggie daycares are becoming increasingly popular among busy owners who value socialization but are unable to be home with their pets during the day. That’s why pet daycare is a great alternative to provide your best pal with plenty of enrichment, exercise, and attention.
However, not all pet daycares are created equal. Finding the right place for your sweetie means knowing what to ask, assessing your pet for readiness, and ensuring the perfect match!
Is Your Pet Ready?
To determine whether your companion is ready for pet daycare, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my pet healthy, vaccinated, and free from fleas and other parasites?
- Has my pet been trained and socialized?
- Does my pet enjoy other animals and people?
- Is my pet free from aggressive/destructive behaviors, anxieties, and phobias?
If you answered “no” to any question, your pet may not be ready for daycare. If you have any doubts about the readiness of your pet, please call us for a complimentary assessment.
Look for These Essentials in a Pet Daycare
When looking for the perfect pet daycare, there should be certain must-haves on your list along with unique benefits that are specific to your pet. High-quality, professional daycares will offer the following assurances:
- Require vaccinations and good health
- Separate play groups by size, age, and activity level
- Offer a well-ventilated, clean facility with safety features (e.g., appropriate fencing and non-slip flooring)
- Are well staffed with trained and experienced caregivers
- Pets and staff appear happy and relaxed
We Welcome New Fur Friends and Families!
For residents in the Waterford and West Bloomfield areas, Union Lake Pet Services is excited to announce new features and upgrades in our daycare services. This includes daycare playgroups by size, age and temperament:
- Half Pints (small dogs under 5 years)
- Pogo Sticks (up to 5 years of age)
- Tiny Tykes (under 6 months)
- Teeny Boppers (6 months to 1.5 years)
- Wild Crazies (1.5 to 5 years)
- Super Sassy Spoiled Seniors (6 years and older)
We’re proud to offer the following amenities and features:
- Trained, dedicated staff who are passionate about pets (our staff have tons of experience and know the dogs by face and name)
- 3 astroturfed play yards that are fully fenced (we’re the only facility in the area with 3 huge (1/3 acre each) play yards for daycare and boarding dogs)
- Cleaner play areas–no more dirty dogs on rainy days
- Lots of personal, individual attention
- Structured activities and naptimes based on age and energy level
- Introduction of new dogs supervised by a professional trainer
- On-site veterinarians to ensure the health and safety of all pets in our care
- Central location, convenient drop off and pick up from 6:30am to 6:00pm
We encourage you to stop by and visit us! We’d love to meet you and your adorable pet, answer your questions and take you on a tour. Please give us a call to schedule a time at your convenience.